Most of us find it difficult to prioritise self care. We get wrapped up in everything that’s going on outside of ourselves and forget to show ourselves the love and respect we deserve. Don’t spend your life mistreating yourself. It’s crucial to our well-being to regularly remove external distractions and just be with ourselves to bring us back to our core. Practise these self love habits and we guarantee that you will fall in love with yourself.
1. Stop beating yourself up about mistakes. Learn from them, forgive yourself and move on.
2. Free yourself from toxic relationships. Sometimes it can be difficult to tell if someone is having a negative effect on you, so take time to thoroughly analyse your relationships. You need people in your life who lift you up, not bring you down.
3. Choose a self affirming mantra that works for you, such as “I trust myself” or “I am good enough”.
4. Write a list of things that you love about yourself. Bonus points if you share the list publicly.
5. Always be kind to yourself. You’re doing the best you can and you’re making progress every day.
6. Write down five things you’re thankful for every night before bed. Being able to focus on the good things in life is an incredibly useful skill to have.
7. Embrace your flaws. They are what make you you.
8. Schedule regular alone time. It helps us remember who we are without being defined by another person.
9. Edit your self talk. When you’re being harsh on yourself, ask yourself if you would talk to your best friend that way.
10. Make sure you do something nice just for you every day. Even if you only have time for something little some days.
11. Look after your body. Exercise, eat well and get enough sleep.
12. Learn to say no to things that don’t contribute to your happiness and to always say yes to things that do.
13. Properly pamper yourself once a week. Or even better, take yourself out on a date!
14. Replace bad habits with healthy ones. Breaking habits takes determination but if you have the willpower, it’s not that hard. Before you start, make sure you get rid of all the silly excuses you have for not changing your ways.
15. Live in the present and let go of the past. What’s done is done. Focus on making today and the future wonderful.